Monday, November 16, 2009

Iron Chef Date Night

This is seriously the best date idea I have ever had!
I've done it twice before; previous secret ingredients were cranberries and walnuts... or was it pecans??? One of the two anyway. Saturday nights ingredient was...
...as chosen by my former roommate Jared Brady! After we found out what we all had to include in our dish we hopped on our computers to find a recipe to use. Then we gathered what we could from our respective apartments and went to the grocery store for the rest. Once we got back all of us went crazy getting everything ready. It's a good thing my kitchen is a pretty big room, however, there is basically NO counter space. We were all on top of each other. Hahaha! It was fun!

I was with Liese Rodger from my ward
We were in charge of the main dish so both of us were slightly terrified when we heard what the secret ingredient was. We found this super yummy recipe from Rachel Ray: Coconut-Crusted Shrimp with Peanut Butter / Curry Sauce. OH MY HEAVENS it was so good! And it was pretty easy to make too. We made did one pot of shrimp and one pot of chicken bits. They were totally different from each other but both were super good! We served it over rice.

Ben was with Kaitlin Westergauard - also from the ward.
They were in charge of the appetizer so they did the timeless classics of Muddy Buddies as well as Celery Sticks & Apple Slices with Peanut Butter.

And I set my little sister Kristin up with Nathan Bunch who is also in our ward. He just happens to be BYU's starting pitcher! He seriously is going Pro someday! Fun guy though!
The were in charge of the dessert. They made Layered Peanut Butter Dessert. It was SO good! Here's a link to the recipe.

I gotta say, it was some GOOD FOOD.

We're So funny! Hahaha!

After eating we just sat and talked on the couch telling stories and stuff for a while. It was fun and nice to relax after frantically trying to get everything ready!

2 comments:

  1. Macsen- I'm so glad I found your blog! So fun. I didn't know you were a pre-med. If you need help or advice or just need to talk about it with someone feel free to ask us. Michael was all gung-ho about orthopedics until a few months ago when he decided to go to radiology instead- totally out of the blue. Whatever. Anyway, are you taking the MCAT this year? Good luck! Love ya

    ReplyDelete