Monday, November 9, 2009

The other night....

OK, so this really happened like a week and a half ago, but I gotta get it down before I forget any more details.
As a preface:
My roommates hosted a birthday party for someone in the ward which involved a wild tourney of Dance Dance Revolution. Unfortunately I was directly underneath them in my basement room trying to study. I seriously feared for my life as I watched the ceiling bounce up and down - fluctuating about 6 inches! I swear this old house I'm living in is going to come tumbling down around us someday.
On to the story...
At 3 AM I bolt out of bed convinced that the house actually IS caving in around us. I think some random noise outside triggered it or something. Anyway, you know how you're usually paralyzed for your dreams?? Well in this case my "paralyzer" was definitely broken so I acted everything out in full.
Of course the first thought to rush into my mind is, "oh shoot I have to save my roommate Brad!" So what did I do? I jumped out of bed and in one motion bounded across the room, grabbed Brad's legs and flung them around like rag dolls so they ended up somewhere up by his head. I also vaguely remember was asking Brad where our third roommate was, but I was super frustrated because I couldn't remember his name! **We don't even have a third roommate!** I'm sure I was just repeating, "Where's?....Where's??..... Have you seen.....???" And Brad was like, "Have I seen WHO?!?"
By then I was 1/2 way awake and 100% confused as to why in the heck I was standing over Brad holding him in such an odd position. *I guess Brad could see in my eyes when I went from dreaming to awake* Then I remembered the dream I was having. Brad just looked at me and was like, "what in the heck is going on??"
For the life of me I couldn't formulate a coherent thought - let alone voice it! It was SUPER weird! Finally I managed to say, "hang on..... I can't even think....." Or something like that.
At this point we both start to chuckle a little bit. I mean, come on. What a ridiculous position to be in!
I finally manage to explain the dream I was having which only made us laugh harder. After a few minutes I stumbled back over to my bed and fell right back to sleep. Poor brad was WIDE awake for the next 1/2 hour because of the adrenaline rush that came with me practically throwing him across the room. Hahahaha!
Poor Brad. What's the deal with all these crazy dreams I'm having? I NEVER remember my dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment