Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Second Midterm is DONE!!

Sorry it's been a while since I last posted! I really had to buckle down for this set of material. It just took longer to master so I spent more time studying over the last 2 weeks. Hopefully it pays off! We should know our scores in the next few days but I feel like I did OK. Maybe not as great as the first one, but maybe better.....? It's hard to know - hahaha! As for actually taking the test? That went much better than last time. 92 questions in 2 hours, so longer than the first test. The first 20 questions took me a long time so after finishing them I felt like I was behind! Not a great way to start a test! However, by the half way point I was a bit ahead of the time and I actually finished 25 minutes early. I don't feel like i rushed though b/c all along I had been discounting every multiple choice option that I felt was wrong - just to be sure i really was sure of my answer. Of course there were those questions that I just didn't know, but I felt like mostly knew what was going on. Further confirmation that I am studying well. I LOVE that!
Anyway, if you finish with more than 10 minutes to spare you are allowed to leave early so that was nice to get out before the masses. I went to the grocery store and got some milk! That may not be a big deal for you but we never knew when the grocery store here is going to have milk. Haha! I got lucky. They also had some big beautiful heads of romaine lettuce! SCORE! I think I miss salad most of all here.  There just isn't any great lettuce.
Once I got home I vegged out in front of the TV for a while. Gosh that felt good! After being mentally exercising for 2-3 weeks straight it's been nice to be brainwashed a bit ;-)
At 1:00 I met some of the branch members to go to a place called Secret Beach. It was a pretty cool little beach! Only accessible by boat - or if you swim around. We had it mostly to ourselves which was nice because the beach right off of campus was swarmed with people who were consuming WAY to much alcohol. I'm sure they'll all be feeling SUPER for class tomorrow. Haha!  Anyway, here's some pictures of Secret Beach:

The boat ride over:





The beach looking north:





Looking south:
Some kayakers came and snorkeled nearby for a while




Can you see the sea creature in this one??


There were TONS of these tiny little guys everywhere!
Lots of great snorkeling too!


It sprinkled on us off and on for a bit while we were over at the beach but it was SO hot that it actually felt good.  It's so weird to me that it can be this warm in October. I can't seem to get used to it.
After we got back a bunch of us went out to eat to celebrate Travis's birthday which was actually on Monday.  Poor guy got 2 very unwelcome presents in the form of our histology and gross anatomy lab exams. The restaurant we went to is right across from the main gate to campus. It's actually pretty nice. Most places you buy food from here are pretty low key. You get the entree you ordered and that's it. No sides, no drink.... just your entree.  But at this place your food comes with rice and green beans and some sort of cabbage dish and a bunch of veggies. Kind of like being back in America. 

:-)

That always feels nice. I got some Thai curry chicken that was SO good! It had a bunch of fresh basil in it that really made it yummy! Hands down the best food I've had since getting over here!
Well.... it's hard to believe it's back to the grind tomorrow morning. I guess I better head to bed!

5 comments:

  1. HEY I was one of those people at the beach! and even though I consumed a copious amount of alcohol tonight I will still be up to mediasite tomorrow morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love seeing the pics you take and the adventures you're having :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who is this?? :-) you can email me if you'd rather not reveal yourself to the masses:
      macsenviehweg@gmail.com

      Delete
  3. Looks like another great spot. You just have to find a way to certify for scuba over there!!! Hope the tests turn out well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you did just fine. One of the things that anatomy taught me was that medical school is possible. I always thought that it would be impossibly hard. It's difficult, for sure, but doable. I'm jealous of the scenery.

    ReplyDelete