Wednesday, October 24, 2012

I got me a lil sum'm sum'm!

Yesterday I purchased this little gem from a local artist named Felix:


It may not be a masterpiece..... but I sort of love it.... a lot :-)

In other news we only have 2 more days of lecture material until the end of this block!  Our 3rd midterm is a week from tomorrow!  CRAZY!  But I like it a lot because that means we only have one more block until Christmas break.  Woohoo!  It's still weird to me that the weather is as warm as it is.... after all, the last day of October is a week from today!  How can it possibly be this warm out?!  It's probably even colder in AZ than it is here right now.... am I right on that?
This block of material has been interesting to say the least. Muscles + Blood and Lymph tissues and a few lectures on the Immune System.  The muscles part was great.  We covered that EXTENSIVELY in Exercise Science so I've got that down.  Blood and Lymph have been..... interesting.....??  It's some of the first material I've encountered that I haven't really studied in depth before so it's been harder to master.  Especially because there are lots of processes (blood clotting, the activation/maturation of white blood cells, etc.) that each involve 10 trillion proteins, all of which have names that are just a few letters + a few more numbers..... and the best part is the numbers aren't in order from lowest to highest in the order that they appear in the process.  Haha! It's been a doozy!  (How on earth do you spell that word?!)
Luckily we have Friday off, and then all of Monday and Tuesday to prepare.  Should be enough for me :-)  Hopefully we'll do something fun after the test on Thursday that I can post about.  Until then, see ya later.  Imma go bury myself in my laptop.

2 comments:

  1. I just caught up on your 'education' Macsen! Your pictures show such a beautiful place. We've been wondering how you are -- it was fun to read :)

    Good luck to you -- we'll keep reading what you post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dionne! Did you get my invite to the list of blogs? Sorry it took me forever to remember. :-/

      Delete