Friday, August 31, 2012

Indian River

Indian River is the waterway that the Carib Indians used to get from their homes in the mountains out to the ocean. The Welcome Committee organized boat trips up the river to a bar, of all places, for anyone who wanted to go.


Part of the 2nd Pirates movie was filmed in this river - where they're traveling by boat up the foggy river to Calipso's little shack. Can ya see it? Unfortunately they made them take down the little shack the filmmakers built. That would've been cool to see. It was super pretty in there though. Our guide said it's totally different at night - very romantic. People host weddings and stuff like that at the bar all the time.










Once we got to the end there was a bit of chaos because so many boats were trying to go everywhere all at once. Haha - our guide rescinded his comment that there are no monkeys on the island. All the other guides were acting enough like monkeys to count.



A few students in my boat enjoyed (and by enjoyed I mean tolerated) the drinks up at the bar. Apparently they were interesting to say the least. I wouldn't know - I was busy taking pictures of the flowers.








Back at the end of the mouth of the river I found a few really cool/colorful boats that I just had to snap pictures of. I kind of wish I would've brought my watercolor set, but I probably wouldn't have time for it anyway.




1 comment:

  1. That last shot of the river is so awesome! Love the yellow boat, too.

    ReplyDelete