Friday, August 31, 2012

Batibou Beach

I'm really liking the branch so far! One of the 2nd or 3rd semester families organized a trip to Batibou Beach for us. We took a transport about halfway back toward the airport - about a 30 min drive.  It dropped us of in the middle of the jungle on the north edge of the island. There is only a little sign indicating that something is there. It's not really near a town or village.... or even any houses either. Haha, it's a good thing though, I feel like this beech is a well kept secret! It's just far enough away, and it's a bit of a hike in that it keeps people from wanting to go there. I can't believe how pretty it was though! You better believe I'll take you here if you come to visit me!






Hiking out, the lighting was different so I took another one. Super pretty!


3 comments:

  1. So pretty! Just like Pirates beaches. I want to be able to see them better. I want your pictures to be bigger!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really is a beautiful place. Hope you get to enjoy lots of it. How big is the island? Are there any other islands or mainland close to you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I feel really luck to be here. The island is only 26 mi long and 15 wide so it's pretty small. It's got other small islands to the north and south, probably the closest mainland is Venezuela or Brazil. :-)

      Delete