Monday, January 14, 2013

Can't Sleep :-/

Coming back to school after Christmas break has been harder than it was to come out here in August.  Totally didn't expect that at all!  It was so great to spend time with family and friends over the break - and experiencing just a few weeks of winter weather was pure bliss - especially the 2 trips to the ski hill!  By the end-ish of week 3 at home I thought I was ready to come back, but now that I'm here, I'm wishing I was still at home.  Sometimes I struggle with feeling lonely over here.  I watch all my friends with their wives and beautiful children and can't help but feel a little jealous :-)
I'm also having a rough time getting used to the food over here again - just with getting the stomach flu / food poisoning.  You know, things that are pretty much par for the course when you live in a 3rd world country.  :-)  I guess I had already forgotten that the same thing happened when I first came out here 5 months ago.  Still, I didn't expect it to happen again.  Ugh, it's no fun.
I spent most of the afternoon today reading a bunch of stuff from various pages of the LDS church's websites.  It has been far to long since I've done anything like that.  I need to get more serious about my personal scripture/doctrinal study.  It always leaves me feeling great, so you'd think that would be motivation enough to do it every day, right?  I guess I just get caught up with life and forget to make it a priority.  I can't remember exactly how it was phrased or who said it but I read something along the lines of how even if it's good/nutritious food our bodies need more than the occasional gorging feast.  They need daily nourishment and the same applies to our spirit.  This is stuff that I've heard a thousand times.  So..... why haven't I internalized that already?!  Haha!  Who knows.  But one of my current goals is to do better at it.  I think I'll put a daily calendar reminder in my phone.  That has been super helpful for other things, so I'm sure it will help with this too.  Anyway, I came away from my study session feeling so much better about myself and the things I struggle with.  It's a good feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment